After scheduled reboot on our BES servers, we start seeing below errors. After doing quick resource we were able to stop the errors as follows below.
Problem: BES server even log is logging 1023, BES seems to be working
Solution: we have done two things to fix the issue
- Make sure the register key is in place Open Register on the BES server and drill down to following key
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Current Control Set\Services\BlackBerry Router\Performance
- C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\BypassRouter\BlackberryRouterPerf.dll
- " if the DDL file is missing go ahead and add it at the end of the line "BlackberryRouterPerf.dll"
Event Type: Error
Windows cannot load extensible counter DLL BlackBerry Router, the first DWORD in data section is the Windows error code.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:0000: 7e 00 00 00
- Download "exctrlst.exe" windows 2000 resource kit , Extensible Performance Counter List (exctrlst.exe)
- Install it and go to resource kit directory,
- double click on exctrlst.exe
- locate Blackberry Router
- uncheck the 'performance counter enabled' box
This should take care of this problem go back to event log and make sure you are not getting any more event id 1023