Monday, October 22, 2007

First day in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) class at Capital Jiu-Jitsu Scholl



I did enjoy the class and learn some nice moves from the first day. I think I was luck since I met Rodrigo Gracie on the first day. I asked Rodrigo if he could show me one of the moves. I grappled him pretty strong; he chocked me in seconds, which I enjoyed it. He is such a nice guy and it was truly an honor to be choked by him. He said technique is always stronger than a physical power. Since I have no technique yet I was using my power and that seems to be not worked well. Here is my first impression; it is awesome sport, a lot of ground grappling, throwing.

here is some information about scholl,Royce Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Course ("RGJJ") classes are for those students who desire to learn the proven techniques of the Gracie family. The complete art of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu is taught, including techniques for self-defense, ground grappling, throwing and basic striking. Classes are separated by belt levels. Beginner classes are for White Belts from 0 - 3 stripes. Advanced Classes are for 4 Stripe While Belts and up (Commercial break ends here )

Rezky company me, so I owe him my thanks. We could not make Ron to sign up, he seems to be interested but for some unknown reason, he is not ready yet.

Heads up I am getting first stripe soon

This time good luck to me,

Oz ozugurlu

3 comments:

Bob said...

I told you before Oz, it is all about technique. That is why Tiger Woods can hit a golf ball so far. That is why Peyton Manning can throw a football so easily. It is all technique. Take your time and learn to do it right, you will soon realize that you are wasting a lot of you strength on techniques that should require little to no strength. That's just the way it is...do it right and you can spend you energy on something more imprtant :).

Anonymous said...

I said to this guys, "I will stop by to see how do the class" so I came. First thing I saw when I came in to the class I saw OZ lifting somebody and slamming him to the floor. OMG with OZ's size he can slam anybody in that gym. And after that, while they were performing some routines, I saw Rodrigo Gracie on top of OZ teaching him some game. Oz's was at the bottom and Rod has full mount. Oz was pulling Rod toward him so hard, then Rod pulled a maneuver, placed his arm on OZ's neck, immediately oz released his hand.

It was kind of interesting to watch this guys "hug each other". LOL!

I have to say, the class was good. They were teaching one technique per day and expounding from that core technique adding maneuvers from it.

Good luck to Rezy and OZ, may the force be with them...


Oww yeahh.. Next time.. I will bring my Vid cam and video tape this guys.. That would be so Funny!!!!

Greenwood Jiu Jitsu said...

Great that guys can start their first classes with world class BJJers like Rodrigo. 10-15 years ago BBs were not near as prevalent.