If you need to perform recovery on your Exchange server, you will quickly see things got changed compared to previous versions of Exchange Server.
I will first build the task list frame work and I will break these down into easy steps. If you are looking into building your own SOP fell free to use these steps including real nice hand PS scripts which will make most of the task simplify IMO.
- Create RDB ( Recovery Database) on your Exchange 2010 Server
- Use Recovery_DB.ps1 to create the RSG ( you have to do this from EMS no GUI ) this is why use the script I wrote, it will easy the task and you can corporate this into SOP ( Standard operation process & Paper)
- Perform Restore on this Database ( restore DB and Logs)
- Make sure the recovered DB is in "Clean Shutdown" Stage ( ESEUTIL /R ) & ( ESEUTIL /P)
- Use restore-mailbox to perform different restore option ( Use the restore scripts I will be providing)
Download the scripts from here , part-2 I will show you how easy to use them
Recovery DataBase Exchange 2010 PART-2 coming soon