Exchange 2000 mail store would not mount and generate the following errors. After looking around I discovered two steps approach to remedy the dilemma and I wanted to post here for those who might need it.
Information store won't mount. The mail service is interrupted on exchange 2000. Application log shows MSExchangeIS 9564.
The first thing to check is to make sure the AV software is not causing the issue. Open registry editor on the offended exchange server and drill down to following registry key
- Set enabled to 0 to disable the AV
- Exit from registery (save)
Restart the information store service and mount the mail stores.
If this won't help you, keep reading, there might be corruption on the either databases or the log files.
Exchange Server database, checkpoint, and log files begin with a 4-kilobyte (KB) header section. The header contains important identification and configuration information about the file. Headers can be viewed with the Eseutil utility by using the /MH (database file), /ML (transaction log file), or /MK (checkpoint file) options.
Now it is time to perform some clean up
- Stop all exchange services.
- Configure your Anti-Virus program according to article KB245822.
- Save your current log files that are usually located on x:\Program Files\exchsrvr\MDBDATA\Exxxxxxx.Log to a temporary folder.
- Delete all *.log files in the x:\Program Files\exchsrvr\MDBDATA.
- Check that the folder "(x:\Program Files\exchsrvr\MDBDATA)" only contains the following files:
- If not, move all extra files to a temporary folder.( including e00.chk, res1.log, res2.log )
- Start all Exchange Services and mount the Information Store service.
"How useful was this article? Want to see a tip not listed? Please leave a comment."