Below are some useful Shortcut keys for managing Active Directory for daily operations. I use most of these tools to perform administrator daily task. Knowing these shortcuts for sure is a good thing. Also Check the link on the bottom "Active Directory Product Operations Guide" I found the link incredibly useful.
- dnsmgmt.msc (DNS Manager)
- domain.msc (Active Directory domains and trusts)
- schmmgmt.msc (Active Directory Schema snap-in)
- dssit.msc (Active Directory Sites and Services)
- dsa.msc (Active Directory Users and Computers)
- DCPromo (Active Directory Installation Wizard)
Dcdiag.exe (This command line tool analyzes the state of domain controllers in the forest or enterprise and reports any problems to assist in troubleshooting.
adsiedit.msc (Used for editing Active Directory to add, delete, or move objects within the directory.)
(Helps isolate networking and connectivity problems by performing a series of tests to determine the state of the network client.)
- Ntdsutil.exe (Used to perform database maintenance of Active Directory, manage and control single master operations, and remove metadata left behind by domain controllers that were removed from the network without being properly uninstalled.)
- Repadmin.exe (diagnose replication problems between domain controllers.)