In large environments mailbox moves are nature of the business. For various reasons mailboxes will be moved around and each time this occurs MRS will keep last two move history logs for a given mailbox. When this information is overwritten you could end-up losing important data and this might have adverse effects to create confusions on your recovery efforts. To remediate the issue, we will adjust “MSExchangeMailboxReplication.exe.config” file to ensure we are retaining 20 moves historical information.
It could be ideal for to change these settings depending on your scenario. The settings define move history is kept within the “MSExchangeMailboxReplication.exe.config” file acceptable values are from 0 to 100 (Default is 2)
Log onto your Exchange 2016 Server. Use your Exchange Administrator account on the logon
Click Windows tile then
Navigate to following directory
D:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\Bin
Locate “MSExchangeMailboxReplication.exe.config” file
1. Make a right click and select edit
2. Press CTRL + F key to bring up Find menu and type “MaxMoveHistoryLength”
3. Press enter
4. Under MRSConfiguration locate the entry “ MaxMoveHistoryLength="2”
5. Change the number from 2 to a desired number. We will make it 20 in our scenario
6. Click File on top and select “Save” then exit.
Oz Casey, Dedeal