Installing Server 2012 is pretty fast and easy, what may people will be finding pretty impressive the new Metro interface.
Metro-styled Control Panel is the new era for windows, and it may strike you as it does not look like any other versions of windows you may have known.
Now here are few recommendations to get you going, get familiar with managing Windows from command line
PS is your friend , to be honest if you have not skill in command line and you are in this line of work you better get the basic down. Upcoming versions of windows and applications such as Exchange is more command line less GUI integrated.
I will show you some of the simple , basic stuff you can use to get started,
You can open most of the GUI you used to have from PS
Go to Control panel type control hit enter
From PS type Start PowerShell to invoke another window ( very handy)
Use server manager to Add remove roles to your server,
DCPromo wont work from command line )-:
As you can quickly realize basic is still there , if you have promoted server to be domain controller in the past you should not have any hard time to hang up on new interface and to be honest , it looks pretty neat and useful competed to previous versions GUI presentation.
- What is new in Server 2012
- Install and Deploy Windows Server 2012
- Migrate Roles and Features to Windows Server 2012
- Secure Windows Server 2012
- Server Roles and Technologies in Windows Server 2012
- Management and Tools for Windows Server 2012
- Command-Line Reference for Windows Server 2012
- Windows PowerShell Support for Windows Server 2012