As I have promised, I am posting basic AD (Active directory) questions. The questions below are homework to my Saturday MCSE class. Hopefully when everyone in the class become MCSE 2003, they will all go for Exchange 2007 class which will start shortly after MCSE (-:, this was commercial by the way.
The answers to below questions will be pretty short, if you discover yourself you are thinking or trying to explain below concept more than couple minutes or one or two sentences, I would say you need AD steroid which I think it is the webcast ""Active directory inside out" by Michael Murphy. After learning AD, I strongly recommend to all my students to learn about Exchange 2007.
- What is active directory?
- What is a Domain
- What is inside the active directory database? Describe the content
- Domain is not security boundaries as it was in AD NT 4.0 anymore why?
- What is a Domain Controller?
- What is a standalone server
- What is an Object
- What does DNS stand for? And what port DNS utilize and what is the usage of DNS in Active directory?
- What do you understand from active directory integrated DNS?
- What is an attribute?
- What is schema
- What is organizational Unit (OU)
- What are three primary functions of OU's
- What id forest?
- What is GC (Global Catalog server) define it.
- What is tree?
- If my company DNS name space is father.org and I want I to have two child domains, what would be DNS name space for below names?
MCITP (EMA), MCITP (SA)
MCSE 2003, M+, S+, MCDST
Security+, Project +, Server +