Everything you need to know is here in this white paper……..
- Understanding the Autodiscover Service
|Get-AutodiscoverVirtualDirectory | fl *url*|
For whatever reason you have if you want to fill these in this is what you would do
- Set-AutodiscoverVirtualDirectory -InternalUrl
- Note just change the –InternalURL to –ExternalUrl to set the external one.
|Set-AutodiscoverVirtualDirectory -Identity 'autodiscover (default Web site)' -internalUrl 'https://autodiscover.SMTP25.gov/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml'|
|Set-AutodiscoverVirtualDirectory -Identity 'autodiscover (default Web site)' -internalUrl ($null)|
What you want to configure is this one
|Get-ClientAccessServer |fl identity,autodiscoverserviceinternaluri|
Okay now hot to set the Autodiscover Service, I recommend reading the white paper first and getting good understanding how it works.
In a very common scenario this would be sample configuration……
- You are running in split DNS model ( split DNS means , your internal name space matches your external name space) in my Lab I do have split DNS and my internal name space is telnet25.org my external DNS name space is also telnet25.org
- You do have valid certificate , in this certificate you do have your common name, in my example I used mail.telnet25.org, and this is included into your certificate.
- You have installed the certificate correctly on your CAS server or servers
- You Set CAS array and did configure DNS to perform round robin , you most likely configured something like this RpcClientAccessServer=outlook.mycompany.com
- You read and understood how SCP works
Okay here are the samples showing how to configure the basic
Modify the Autodiscover URL in the Service Connection Point
|Set-ClientAccessServer -Identity CAS01 -AutodiscoverServiceInternalUri https://webmail.smtp25.org/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml|
- https://webmail.smtp25.org ( Change this , according to your scenario)
- CAS01 ( Change this , according to your scenario)
|Modify the InternalUrl attribute of the EWS|
Set-WebServicesVirtualDirectory -Identity "CAS01\EWS (Default Web Site)" –InternalUrl https://webmail.smtp25.org/ews/exchange.asmx
|Modify the InternalUrl attribute for Web-based Offline Address Book distribution|
Set-OABVirtualDirectory -Identity "CAS01\oab (Default Web Site)" -InternalUrl https://webmail.smtp25.org/oab
Oz Casey, Dedeal ( MVP north America)
MCITP (EMA), MCITP (SA)
MCSE 2003, M+, S+, MCDST
Security+, Project +, Server +http://smtp25.blogspot.com/ (Blog )http://telnet25.spaces.live.com/ (Blog)http://telnet25.wordpress.com/ (Blog)