Goal: Assign SSL certificate for company OWA Exchange 2010 server
- Log on to Exchange 2010 via web browser brings up warning as shown below…..
Log on to Exchange 2010 Management Console
- Right Click on the CAS server
- New Exchange Certificate
- Enter Friendly name for the certificate ( anything you want this is for you to see and remember what this cert is for)
- In this example we have one domain so wildcard certificate wont apply to here
- Click next
Now Click the arrows to fill out the required information, this part is real nice easy to fallow we will click on Client Access server
Let me explain this a little bit so there is no confusion
The internal Domain Name space I use is SMTP25.local and server name is HTS01.SMTP25.Local
So my users internally can open their browser and type Http://mail.smtp25.local they will get to my exchange server and here how DNS A record internally look like
- On the local Domain Controller / DNS
- Open DNS Console
- New Host A record
- And type the IP address of the CAS server.
- Pretty simple internal DNS query will be perform by client Browser will go to Internal DNS server and since we do have A record pointing to CAS server, Client browser will be directed to CAS server.
- go back to Certificate wizard
- I will Click next
- Here is important, I have to pay attention to Common name, The common name is what clients will put into their browser when they are on outside of your network ( Internet) and this record must exist on the Public DNS server.
- I created folder on C and give name to Certificate to make me remember what it is in the future
- Now let’s get the certificate from C drive make right click open, open with notepad
- This is end of part one , please read part two to complete the cert process
Oz Casey , Dedeal
MCITP (EMA), MCITP (SA)
MCSE 2003, M+, S+, MCDST
Security+, Project +, Server +