Today I have experienced real weird issue, when client replies to an E-mail came from certain user, outlook crashed to a death. There is no sign on the device manager what might be going wrong. (Outlook 2000, 2003, and 2007). I started troubleshooting this weird issue. One of the first thighs I have done to download Process Explorer for windows. Shortly after I have figured out what was going on.
Outlook Crashes on Opening or replying to certain e-mails came from a specific person.
- Go to the Tools drop down menu.
- Select Trust Center.
- On the left margin click Ad-ins.
- At the bottom of this screen there is a drop down menu box preceded by the word "Manage". Select COM Add-ins from the drop down menu and then click the go button to the right.
- A new window will appear on the screen that lists "Add-ins available". Uncheck PDFMOutlook and hit the OK button.
- After performing the above outlined steps, my crashes have been eliminated.
The message has embedded pictures inside and on the reply it crashed the outlook.
- Go to Tolls
- Mail format
- toggle the Rich test
- This will take care of the issue
Resent the mail, it will not crash anymore. One other thing is good to remember is that, if you save the E-mail which is crashing the system and view the source you will realize, there are a lot of hidden embedded pictures and code inside the mail. So it is always good idea to double check